Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why does the dog stink?

If we are posting about mundane things, I want to know why the dog stinks. He can clear the whole main floor of the house in a matter of seconds. I don't understand it. He only gets dog food, the same brand he's been getting all his life, and the occasional apple he picks up from under the tree. He loves them, apples, and our trees are covered this year. One tree must have a couple hundred on the ground around it, and I don't know why that is the case either. Maybe there were too many for the branches to hold. These are the mysteries that I cannot solve.

In other matters, next week is parent teacher conferences, and I'm hoping to get through without anybody telling me I'm not pretty or that I'm old. That is my goal ever since I was told both of those things by the same mother a couple of years ago. I have pretty low expectations.

When I was grading earlier tonight I read what one of my students wrote on my class blog which was that the "movie [Hamlet] had alot of set backs such as they killed off every main character in the story in my opinion this seriously ruineed the plot of the story." Another argued endlessly that Much Ado About Nothing had the same theme as Hamlet. He wouldn't let it drop no matter how many times I told him that, in fact, they did not have the same theme. There are days when I wonder if I am doing any good in the world at all.

2 comments:

  1. The same theme = Kenneth Branagh

    When I dowloaded AIM to my computer AOL tried to take over my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm- is the "old and not that pretty" comment from a mother who's child was at home singing the praises of his teachers youthful beauty , or do you think this was a reactionary tactic to improve her failing kids grade.
    if so- interesting manouvre

    ReplyDelete